Cockroaches Pest Control & Treatment Methods
Cockroaches are of ancient origin tracing back over 400 million years. They have not changed much and are distributed all over the world. Belonging to the order of Dictyoptera which contains over 4,000 species, the “domestic” or “domiciliary” species that adapted to human habitats are the troublesome ones for men.
- American Cockroaches (Periplaneta Americana)
- Australian Cockroaches (Periplaneta Australasiae)
- Brown Cockroaches (Periplaneta Brunnea)
- German Cockroaches (Blatella Germanica)
- Oriental Cockroaches (Blalla Orientalis)
In Singapore, the five common domestic species are:
Most Common & troublesome pest, how cockroaches can affect us?
Their life cycle pass through 3 stages from egg, nymph to adult (incomplete metamorphosis) with their eggs deposited in groups and protected by a protective cover called the ootheca or egg case. Depending on the species of cockroaches, the number of eggs in each ootheca can range from 16 up to 40.
- Vectors of numerous diseases such as cholera, dysentery, typhoid fever and salmonellosis, etc.
- Leave disgusting, persistent and offensive odours.
- Occasionally bite food-stained skin.
- Caused allergic reactions in sensitive individuals, dermatitis (itching) of skin & edema (swelling) of eyelids.
What To Look Out For Cockroaches Infestation?
- Egg cases
- Nymphs or adults
- Faecal pallets
- Disgusting, persistent & offensive odours
At 1800NoPests, we provide effective cockroaches control & treatments for households, offices as well as F&B outlets. Our comprehensive cockroaches control program includes:
- Environmental Control
To deny cockroaches of available food, water & eliminate harbourage areas.
- Chemical Control
Fast control of cockroach population through sprays, gels, dusts, chalk lines or baits.
For free consultation on how to protect your home, food outlets or office from cockroaches, call our free- pest hotline 1800-6673787 (1800-NOPESTS) or 6244 6926 to arrange a site inspection now.